Rabu, September 21, 2016

Review : Ratchet and Clank

Hi All !

My first game review for this blog will be the remake of Ratchet and Clank.


This is my first game for this franchise. I was quite surprised to know that the PS4 game will be the 14th installment of the series. I was never really into cartoonish adventure games during my teen days which might be the reason for me to drop this game out back then.

I will divide my review to 3 aspects from now on - graphic , gameplay , story


Graphics

The graphics are absolutely stunning. It looked like a pixar movie when you're playing in game.
The lightning from the sun, waving grass , flowing river and Clank's polished metal looked damn good!


Credit : theverge.com

For a game with animation like theme, I honestly think this is the best that the PS4 can offer.
I can't take any screenshot now since the game is not with me but I will upload more screenshot/videos after I received it back. 



Gameplay

I finished the game roughly around 13-15 hours. Pretty standard for an action adventure game.The difficulty is not that hard.However this game demands you to use appopriate tools at the right time. It is not really your button spamming; reflex testing god of war gameplay type of action. You will be equipped with numerous gadgets such as Groovytron - make your opponents forgot what they're doing and dance like there is no tomorrow! , Pixelizer turn your enemy into (8) bits! and Sheepinator – Turns your enemies into sheep.

The ammo are very limited so you need to use or tools correctly or you will be in trouble.I did need to retry some of the boss fights but it wasn't really a big deal after you remember their moves.

The puzzle and extra quests in the game are pretty interesting too!


Story

The story is ok, I was entertained but I won't say that I was really into it/fascinated by it. I heard last time there is a lot of adult jokes in the game but I don't think they really have it this time.The jokes are decent but we can see that they really wanted this game to be played by kids also; not only adults. The story is pretty much predictable, not plot-twist whatsoever. None the less it was still quite entertaining as a whole.



Overall Rating


Overall the game is quite entertaining and definitely stress-free. It is a nice change of pace and also a great family game if you have kids. Even though it may look childish, I don't think there is any problem with an adult playing it.

I rate this game 7.5/10. If you have extra money to spend and searching for a relaxing and fun game, then Ratchet for Clank is definitely the game for you.

This concludes my review but I think I will update this review in the near future. I am planning to challenge myself for platinum trophy for this game.

Thank you for reading!

Regards,
CB-Genesis-

1 ulasan: