Haro,
Here's the thing. I have been playing MGSV for a few months now, juggling with abangganaz Overwatch gaming nights, and finally I was able to complete the story mode. What a journey, full of action, plot twists, and Quiet's bare-skin. But still, I don't feel happy about it. So there I was, brainstorming about what really makes me unhappy.
Is it because the story feel rushed and incomplete? (SPOILERS) Well, it kinda does, Eli's departure felt awkward and Quiet's exit was unsatisfying (end SPOILERS), but I guess that doesn't really matter much since I enjoyed the gameplay the most and the story itself doesn't really mean much to me. I mean, I will eventually forget about the storyline in a year anyway, so I guess I just dont bother much about it anymore. But I will surely remember the gameplay, the freedom of making tactical actions, and the high quality graphic for a long time. So no, I am unhappy not because of the story.
Is it because I wasn't able to platinum the game? Yeah, that's kinda sucks. In my teen years, I would have worked my way to get all the trophies available. I would be reading all kinds of walkthrough and trophy roadmap to make sure I spend my time without any waste. I didn't mind reading spoilers, it meant very little to me at that time. Then again, even if I spend time to actually to get platinum trophy, nobody will even notice it. And those who do, probably will just think that I have a lot of free time in my hand, then forget about it in 5 seconds, never to remember about it again. I would have to force myself to play in a way I don't enjoy to get the platinum trophy, so I chose not to do that. Therefore, not getting platinum is not the reason I am unhappy.
Is it because I wasn't able to complete all side quests and side missions? As much as I enjoyed the gameplay, I have to admit, an open world game like this has a lot of repetitive and similar missions. (SPOILERS) I just couldn't see my self doing the same mine cleaning missions over and over again, just for the sake of wanting to complete all side missions. Or hunt for small animals. Or collect 5000 of each flowers (end SPOILERS). As my gaming time is now more limited, I can't afford to waste time for these side quests, I should have move on to play new games in my backlog. I have The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Rachet and Clank on my backlog list. No, this doesn't make me unhappy.
So what really makes me unhappy? The answer is, wait for it, all of above! Because I do care about the story, I do care about getting trophies, and I do care about completing all side missions. That is how I play games. It makes me really unhappy when I think about them. But I do realize I am not capable of doing those anymore, nor I should care about those any longer. I really have limited gaming time now, and personally I have put gaming as my number 3 priority, after wife and children. I will never stop gaming, that's for sure, I will just need to use my time wisely and stop caring about the story, trophies and side quests. That is how I am able to enjoy as much game as possible and stop wasting time for things less important anymore.
ahmaryusoff6
Leader of abangganaz
Here's the thing. I have been playing MGSV for a few months now, juggling with abangganaz Overwatch gaming nights, and finally I was able to complete the story mode. What a journey, full of action, plot twists, and Quiet's bare-skin. But still, I don't feel happy about it. So there I was, brainstorming about what really makes me unhappy.
Is it because the story feel rushed and incomplete? (SPOILERS) Well, it kinda does, Eli's departure felt awkward and Quiet's exit was unsatisfying (end SPOILERS), but I guess that doesn't really matter much since I enjoyed the gameplay the most and the story itself doesn't really mean much to me. I mean, I will eventually forget about the storyline in a year anyway, so I guess I just dont bother much about it anymore. But I will surely remember the gameplay, the freedom of making tactical actions, and the high quality graphic for a long time. So no, I am unhappy not because of the story.
Is it because I wasn't able to platinum the game? Yeah, that's kinda sucks. In my teen years, I would have worked my way to get all the trophies available. I would be reading all kinds of walkthrough and trophy roadmap to make sure I spend my time without any waste. I didn't mind reading spoilers, it meant very little to me at that time. Then again, even if I spend time to actually to get platinum trophy, nobody will even notice it. And those who do, probably will just think that I have a lot of free time in my hand, then forget about it in 5 seconds, never to remember about it again. I would have to force myself to play in a way I don't enjoy to get the platinum trophy, so I chose not to do that. Therefore, not getting platinum is not the reason I am unhappy.
Is it because I wasn't able to complete all side quests and side missions? As much as I enjoyed the gameplay, I have to admit, an open world game like this has a lot of repetitive and similar missions. (SPOILERS) I just couldn't see my self doing the same mine cleaning missions over and over again, just for the sake of wanting to complete all side missions. Or hunt for small animals. Or collect 5000 of each flowers (end SPOILERS). As my gaming time is now more limited, I can't afford to waste time for these side quests, I should have move on to play new games in my backlog. I have The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Rachet and Clank on my backlog list. No, this doesn't make me unhappy.
So what really makes me unhappy? The answer is, wait for it, all of above! Because I do care about the story, I do care about getting trophies, and I do care about completing all side missions. That is how I play games. It makes me really unhappy when I think about them. But I do realize I am not capable of doing those anymore, nor I should care about those any longer. I really have limited gaming time now, and personally I have put gaming as my number 3 priority, after wife and children. I will never stop gaming, that's for sure, I will just need to use my time wisely and stop caring about the story, trophies and side quests. That is how I am able to enjoy as much game as possible and stop wasting time for things less important anymore.
ahmaryusoff6
Leader of abangganaz
I just got this game back after lending it to a friend. Popped it in the console and fired it up. I was greeted with multiple updates. after the updates I was awarded with a bunch of credits. It has been awhile since I touched this game. Took me awhile to familiarize with the controls. didn't take long for that.
BalasPadamWith the additional credits, I was able to buy a second FOB in difference seas. A whole new lineup of weapons and upgrades are now available. I agree that the side ops are very repetitive. This game is perfect to put aside and come back again after some time and still enjoy it.
Soaking up the beautiful graphics and game mechanics reminds me how well this game was made and how much I really want to keep it for many years to come or till something better comes along. It's hard to find a game that even comes close to this kind of complexity, in game mechanics, open sandbox and out standing graphics.
-Rant End-
kthnsbai